Monday, October 21, 2013

Farm Houses, Farms, and Mountains, Oh My!!!!

Last week the Army gave Lee some time off so he and I took advantage. A few months ago when he heard he was getting the week off, we kindly asked Aunt Laurie if she would be willing to watch our kids for a few days. We thought if we went during the week it wouldn't be too stressfull since the kids would be busy with school and activities, and there would hopefully be no snow. She was super excited I asked her and even more excited to spend a few days with the kids. Any extra time they can squeeze in with our family the kids love! After much consideration Lee and I decided to venture to Woodstock, Vermont. We stayed at the most beautiful B&B and when we left, decided Vermont was in our top 5 places to retire. Everything was beautiful and simple. There was no crazy city feel, it just felt simmple. A general store in each town, great little dives and fancy places to eat, and lots of nature to enjoy. While I am not a camper by any means, I do love nature and all its beauty, well, except for snakes! The biggest draw for me, the farm houses, and there were farm houses galore! I have never really like modern or contemporary houses, it's just not me, so Vermont was right up my alley! Not to say that modern isn't pretty, just not my style. By the second night I was checking out real estate! Anyway, a girl can dream right? So a HUGE THANK YOU to Aunt Laurie who survived a week at our house. Thanks to our friends who helped as well! Lee and I had the most amazing trip and really connected, something I think every couple needs once in a while. It was such a bitter sweet trip for us but totally worth every second! We ate yummy food, went to the Baseball Hall of Fame, we antiqued, we toured Ben & Jerry's, we strolled, we visited 2 covered bridges, we golfed and I even got up early each morning to take in the scenery with a run with Lee! It was WONDERFUL! I can't wait for our next adventure.

2 comments:

JCharlton said...

I am SO happy that you could get away and have some time for the two of you! Laurie did an amazing job and I'm thinking of hiring her here soon. Love to you all!

Laurie said...

Why thanks Mrs. Charlton! And thanks to you and Ro for dinner on Monday...that was a huge help to me. I truly enjoyed every minute of it and would do it again in a heartbeat. I have even more admiration for all you moms now!

Followers