Monday, February 6, 2012

5 Words

Souper Bowl
Lindsey chowing on some pizza!
Skiing at Dry Hill
Skiing, Drinking, Eating, Hockey and Football...that pretty much sums up our weekend.. Throw in some great friends and that equals a fabulous weekend!
Friday night we stopped over the Charltons to pick up skis which Roland found for us in Syr..it was like Christmas morning for me and Lee! More like Happy Valentine's Day I guess...
Saturday we took Jacob to Dry Hill so we could try out our new skis and he could take another lesson. He took a lesson only after we realized he probably didn't need it. He went down the hill a couple times with Roland, got his confidence and that was the last I saw him. It was as if he had always known how to ski. He and Lee skied almost 5 hours on Saturday. We really love it and I hope Lindsey can learn next year, it is a great way to spend some family time together. Saturday night 10 of us went out for Jen's birthday. We always have a great time! I had a few too many drinks and realized Sunday morning that I am no longer 24. Ouch!
Sunday Jake had hockey and then we headed over to the Sweets for their annual Superbowl Bash. This year instead of chili we all brought soup. I was the winner last year but this year, mine didn't fair so well. I got the prize for last place---a bottle of Tums, if I had only had it that morning instead!
We couldn't have asked for a better weekend...unless maybe the Niners and Steelers were in the Superbowl!

3 comments:

JCharlton said...

Epic weekend! Thanks for making it so special for me. love ya!

The North Country Sweets said...

Oh, I love the photo of all the slow cookers! LOL...I didn't get any photos that day :(

The North Country Sweets said...

Oh yes, and I nearly forgot the bottle of Tums! LOL we love you!

Followers