Saturday, August 18, 2012

Camping in the Adirondacks

When I was 9, I set off to camp at Sky Lake for a week and I loved it! I went until I was a junior in high school. This past week, Jake was at his first full week of camp (day camp) in the Adirondacks, it was about an hour away. I wasn't the least bit nervous about it, I was so excited for him, I knew he would love it...and he did! He got to spend an entire week with some friends he knew and make new friends. He hiked, swam, boated, sang, played sports and games, had yummy lunches and snacks, became a "flying squirrel", tried obstacle courses, and much more! He couldn't talk enough about it and was sad it was over on Friday. However, I think he was just about pooped out, hence the last picture! What a great experience, he can't wait to go again next year!

4 comments:

The North Country Sweets said...

It was soooo amazing, and I'm so glad they are making these memories...I never went to camp and I think I would have loved it!

Laurie said...

What an awesome experience for the kids to have! They are so fortunate to be able to experience all that they do.

JCharlton said...

It was the BEST week and I get sad just thinking that it is over. It was such a great experience and they can't wait to go back! They will be veteran's next year!

The North Country Sweets said...

I need some of these photos by the way!

Followers