Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sadness....

This week has been a whirlwind. Just when you think things in your life are crazy, you have to stop and realize, things are not that bad and they could be so much worse. I don't know what is going on but something is strange. Earthquakes, blackouts, hurricanes, flooding, wildfires, where will it end?
I can barely find the words to type this but I feel like I need to get it out. This past week my hometown was overcome with disaster. Hundreds of families lost their homes, possessions, etc in a horrible flood that came on too quickly with little notice. It is heartbreaking to watch the news and feel so helpless as you see videos and pictures of your hometown under water. On top of that, my (only)cousins had to evacuate and they lost so much of their home. The water came in to the basement and about 4ft on their first floor. Thankfully, they are safe but the damage the river left behind is unreal. My heart breaks for them and my town. Thank you to the servicemen who helped and continue to help all the victims. I pray for all the families that have no homes to go home to and I pray that my town will once again be a beautiful tree lined village. Below are just some images from the raging river.




3 comments:

JCharlton said...

I am so sorry. My heart breaks for your family and your town. We love our yearly trip there and it is my hope that it will all be back to normal by our next trip. If there is anything we can do please let us know.Love you all!

Laurie said...

I was worried that I'd be sad all day today remembering 9/11, but now I'll be sad for a reason that hits much closer to home. Heading to WP around 10 AM to do whatever I can. Trying to prepare myself for the devastation I'll see, but not sure anyone can be prepared for that.

The North Country Sweets said...

Laurie, let us know what the community needs we'll send it!

Followers