Saturday, March 5, 2011

5 on 5

Today was Jacob's Golden birthday--he was 5 on the 5th! I felt a little bad about it not being more special, I felt like I didn't do enough but, to Jacob, it was a great day. I decorated the house with a banner and streamers, he opened a bunch of presents, we ate homemade waffles, then spent most of the day with his good friend Annabelle first at the arcade, then roller skating and lunch with milkshakes and cupcakes. Tonight we celebrated Leah's 2nd birthday and Auntie Jen got Jake his very own special cake. Thanks Auntie J!
I think in his heart he really wished Lee's plane wasn't delayed but he never once said anything about it. He is soo excited to see him. I reminded him that he will have a special day at his party. I am soo blessed to have him in my life. I recently heard someone say this, "military kids didn't choose this life." That couldn't be more true but Jake has embraced the life we have. He has made as many sacrifices as we have in the first 5 years of his life but he still remains to be the sweetest, most caring, kind hearted, responsible, helpful, funny, smart and the most cuddly little boy I have ever known. I love you Jake, more than you will ever know! Happy 5th Birthday! I can't wait to celebrate with Dad and then at your party!

4 comments:

The North Country Sweets said...

That was extremely well said!

Laurie said...

I am so excited for him to see Lee tomorrow! He is the sweetest, most wonderful little boy. My heart just bursts with love for him!

Jen V said...

Jake is one of the most genuine and caring little boys I've ever met. We are so lucky to have him in our lives. Happy golden birthday Jake, we love you!

JCharlton said...

Love you tons Jacob! I am so happy that I could "help" make your day as special as can be!

Followers