Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Phantom

I have seen the movie but never the Broadway show, however this past weekend not only did I have the chance to see Phantom but so did Jake. Our local high school Select Chorus decided that in just 6 weeks after Miss Saigon to put on Phantom. I have to say, I imagine that it is wonderful on Broadway and I still would love to see it, but their performance was truly amazing. During the show there were times I had to remind myself I was in a High School auditorium. The sets were perfectly done, Phantom played his role very well and Alex, the girl who played Christine, was amazing. She is going to school for opera so she has always wanted to do this musical. Now I know why, she gave me the goosebumps!!
It was another great experience for our boys and the cast and director had not forgotten them. They got royal VIP treatment, backstage passes, meeting with the cast, candy at intermission, and a trip to see the stage and how the magical chair worked afterwards. What a fabulous group of students they are and we wish them the best!





2 comments:

Laurie said...

Phantom has always been my favorite show...the music is incredible. It's so awesome that you and Jen have exposed the boys to this type of music. Hopefully the girls will one day love it as much as their brothers do!

JCharlton said...

Amazing night! Such wonderful memories for these boys AND for their moms!!!

Followers