Monday, March 19, 2012

Ready...Set....RACE!



This past Saturday was the annual YMCA Shamrock Race. Last year I did the 2.2mi and this year I determined to run the 5mile race. I am by no means a "runner" and I wasn't striving for the gold, my goal was to start running and finish running. I am so glad I did the 5 miles and I am now striving for longer runs! What I love most about it is the fact that I can just run, for as most of you know it wasn't too long ago that I could barely walk. I am very grateful and determined to show my joints who's boss!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I am so proud of you! And no doubt being as active as you are is one of the reasons you aren't in as much pain anymore. Maybe one day you'll be an inspiration to me but for now I'm too damn tired and lazy to even try it. :)

Beck said...

Sadly, I second that...but kudos to you, Rit! Quite an accomplishment.

JCharlton said...

I am so proud of you! I ran with Leah half way down the street last night and almost died. I wish I could run, but I am sooooo proud that you have set a goal and are accomplishing them! YAY!

Followers