Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Camping Out...or In

This past weekend my parents came to visit and we had a full weekend of activities. They watched the kids for me on Friday while I was in Syracuse at the Doctor and then we headed to the Charltons for a delish dinner!
On Saturday my Dad went golfing with 3 friends from up here with passes I won in an auction. They played 18 holes, maybe next year Jen and I will be ready for 18!
Saturday night the Sweets had us for dinner. All summer long Jake asked me when we were going to camp out. He wants to go camping, sleep in a tent, have smores, etc etc. Well, after talking with the Sweets, Zeke agreed to pitch their tent in their yard and camp out with Jake and Annabelle. Jacob was so excited. I decided to spend the night for his first sleepover/camp out and I am glad I did.
We all had a great time. My parents took Lindsey home and got a very peaceful night sleep. Annabelle and Jake were having a great time playing outside in the dark with glow sticks, they roasted their own hotdogs over the fire, and made smores and told stories by the fire! When it was time to go to sleep in the tent, Jacob had no intention of sleeping in it. He lasted for 1 hour which I was very proud of him for. I am sure if I were sleeping in there or Lee he would have stayed all night, but without us he was a little bit unsure. Something for him to look forward to next summer with his Dad but I am proud of him for trying! We still had a super fun night, even if it meant him snuggling with me on the air mattress!

1 comment:

JCharlton said...

It sounds like it was a blast!

Followers