Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Jacob took NYC by storm!!!

On Saturday, we said good-bye to Lindsey who was be watched by my parents and Jake and I headed to NYC! Aunt Laurie was with us and we were headed to New Jersey to pick up Aunt Becky! At Jake's request, we took the train in to the City from Jersey. We took the 1050am train which put us in the City in plenty of time to grab lunch. Much to our surprise, Jake chose somewhere new this time. Not his favorite singing diner, Ellen's. We went by subway (which he loved) to Jekyll and Hyde, the "spooky" place, which Jake referred to it. I didn't think he would be scared and he wasn't, more like fascinated! He was a bit spooked when we entered because it was pitch black, but once inside he was totally engaged in the characters and little shows they put on.
After leaving the restaurant, we caught a cab, another first for him and he loved it! We arrived at the show, Mary Poppins, to get our 3rd and Center row seats, they were awesome! He made it to intermission, then got a bit cranky and wanted to leave. It was smack in the middle of nap time. With some M&Ms and gum he was back in the groove and so glad he got stayed for the whole thing. I will give him some credit, it was 2hrs and 40mins long, but so worth it! After leaving the show we walked to Toys R Us in Time Square. He picked out 2 new Trio Building sets that I promised him we would get. After that, we walked about 8 blocks to Penn Station to get the train back to New Jersey. This time we sat up top on a double decker bus, even cooler than the train in! My little guy did great, after walking all over, up and down steps, etc etc, he was very well behaved and exhausted! We headed back to Aunt Laurie's for pizza and some much needed rest! The next morning Aunt Becky joined us once more for pancakes at a local diner! I am so blessed to have great sisters, but so lucky the are my children's aunts! Thanks for a fabulous NYC TRIP!!




!
Lindsey at home with Nana and Papa!

3 comments:

JCharlton said...

That sounds like a fantastic day! WOW, I am so jealous!

Jen said...

What a great experience for Jake! I'm jealous, he's seen more of the City than I have and he's only 4!

The North Country Sweets said...

What a great day!!! I love the new outdoor eating area in Times Square now...it is soooo nice...and I can't believe he made it through the entire show!!! way to go Jacob!

Followers