Thursday, June 24, 2010

Our First and Fabulous Vacation of Summer

We just got back from a long week of travelling, but it was so much fun with so many stories to tell! Last Wednesday we packed up and headed to my parents house. We spent all of Wed and Thurs there before heading to my sister Donna's house on Friday. Lindsey got to try out the little red car now that she is sitting so well. She loves it so much we decided to bring it back to NY!!
It has been a couple years since I was there and it really was the first time my whole family (sisters and parents) have had a long family vacation together (minus Lee, who we missed)!! Jacob and Lindsey were great in the car on all the road trips and didn't do too bad sleeping at night either considering a different house and beds. On Friday we got to see some family friends we hadn't seen in a while and then we took a little trip to Mr. Eds! Why I didn't take a picture is beyond me. It was a candy and peanut store. However, in the store was also this GIANT collection by the owner of Elephants, anything and everything with having to do with elephants! Almost a bit creepy! Friday night we got a pizza and hung out. On Saturday, it was blazing hot so we decided to stay in and let the kids swim pretty much all day. Jacob and Sam had a blast. They played really well together the entire weekend, I was really proud of Jake. Lindsey was excited to roll all over Aunt Donna's floors. She is getting up on all fours but not crawling yet. On Sunday, the girls took the kids to Inner Harbor Baltimore. It was a very hot day again but we went to the aquarium and had lunch. Our kids were pooped and both passed out on the way home. Then we cooked out that night for Father's Day! On Monday we went to Dutch Wonderland, what a great park for little kids! It wasn't crowded or too hot. They boys loved the splash park and the rides. Jake was tall enough to ride the big coaster with Papa and he loved it!! Lindsey tried vanilla ice cream and loved it and rode on the train! On our way home to my parents on Tuesday we stopped at Hershey's Chocolate World. I promised Jake to take him to see the place where chocolate is made. He loved it and so did I, who can resist a piece of chocolate! Finally, we headed back to NY on Tuesday, not before Lindsey got to feed herself a bowl of spaghetti at Nana's house. I took so many pictures and so did my sister, I will try to get as many as I can loaded on here! We really had a great time, we all got along, ( we had our moments but 4 sisters usually do) and it was a great start to summer!




4 comments:

Laurie said...

I can't even tell you how much fun I had! What a joy to spend all that time with my nephews and niece. And now in a week I get to do it all over again with your 2 monkeys...can't wait!!

Jen V said...

That's so nice that you got to spend so much quality time with your family! It makes me exhausted just reading about it, sounds like you guys were on the go non-stop! Love all the pictures!

JCharlton said...

I am so happy that you had a super fun time, BUT I am also glad that you are back since I'm off now and we can hang out all the time or until you are sick of us! ha ha!

The North Country Sweets said...

Oh man we missed you so much!!! But you had me at Chocolate World....yummmo! can't wait for all the summer fun...although it is JULY already!

Followers