Saturday, May 22, 2010

Walking to Afghanistan


Last deployment our Batallion walked to Iraq. This time we are walking over 12,000 to Afghanistan. Jake and I are walking with some friends every Friday on the Black River Trail. He rides his bike and I push Linds in the stroller. This past Friday was our first day and we did 4 miles! Needless to say, yesterday afternoon we all took a nap! Jake and I actually fell asleep on the screen porch, it is so nice out there with the breeze on a hot day! Linds has been sleeping 2 short morning naps and one really long afternoon nap, I had to wake her up after 2 1/2 hours!! It is great for me though, gives me a bit of "me" time! Keep on walking!

1 comment:

JCharlton said...

I LOVE your screen porch. Can I come up some afternoon and take a nap out there? It is great!

Followers