Saturday, April 10, 2010

Blessed

Tonight I went out for dinner with Jen, Lisa and one of Lisa's friends (Jen as well). We had a blast, it was total girl talk and laughter and yummy food. I really needed that after the week I had! Thanks girls!!
Well, the only reason I was able to go out tonight was because I "borrowed" one of Jen's sitters. My sitter is out of town so Taylor said she would babysit. After telling Jacob she babysat for Seth, he was cool with it and I totally trust Jen, so I was too!
Jacob was super excited after he woke up from his nap for Taylor to get here. Can you tell he needed a break from me too? He was a really good boy tonight. Taylor told me that while they were playing Wii (which he was so thrilled to do with her) that he turned to her and said, "thank you for babysitting me Miss Taylor." He is so sweet! And to top it off--my mom called right before I got home. She and my dad went to a fundraiser at the race track (horse racing). She said she had 2 horses, one named Lindsey and one named Jacob. She had called earlier today to tell Jacob about it. Well, she called tonight and told me that Jacob's horse finished 8th and she won $50 and to make sure I tell him. So when I got home, I took him upstairs (I told him he could wait up for me) and tucked him in bed. After we read a book, I told him I had a suprise. I told him that his horse won the race and that he won $50! He was all smiles but said,"what about Lindsey's horse?" And I said her horse didn't win. He was very concerned and didn't understand why. I told him about the money and asked him what he will do with $50? He said, "I am going to give Lindsey some since she didn't win any." I about wanted to squeeze him to pieces. He is so super sweet. It is in those moments when all the naughty times fade away. He really is a great kid and I love him more than anything! Lee and I have 2 wonderful kids, we really are blessed!

2 comments:

JCharlton said...

We totally had girl talk time and it was super fun! I am SO happy that you liked Taylor. She is such a good girl. Also, congrats on the big win! You do have a super sweet little guy!

The North Country Sweets said...

What a good boy! Can he lend me a $10? hahaha Had so much fun with you girls and hope to spend some fun time just hanging around and doing fun outdoor summer stuff soon.

Followers