Saturday, April 24, 2010

Catching Up...

Yes, I know, I have slacked in the Blogging this week but it was another crazy week for the Castana house. We started the week off with Jacob being sick and ended the week on the road to recovery but still taking medicine. Tuesday Jacob stayed home from school and we spent another day inside, but no fever. That night he woke up screaming in ear pain. Wednesday morning he was feeling fine, I am sure Nana and Papa coming to visit helped perk him up! I had a luncheon to attend that day so Jake went to daycare for 2 hours and Nana picked him up. Lindsey came with me for a girls day out and she was an angel. Wednesday night I had my 15 minutes of fame on TV when I had to auction off a community chest for the local PBS station! It was fun and I signed up to answer the phones for them tonight!
Thursday was running around--Jake went to school, then to the doctor for a recheck. He was still wheezy and had a severe ear infection in both ears! Poor kid! He is now on new antibiotics and steroids and more neb treatments! Germs go away! Friday was my doctor's appointment and all is well.
Jacob was thrilled to get to play with Nana and Papa. He really is a great kid but it seems whenever we have visitors he acts up a bit more. Showing off, getting mouthy, he is a different kid and one I don't like to be around. Not kidding, as soon as my parents left, he was back to normal, being the awesome good kid he always is with me. I know some of the behavior has to do with Lee being gone and just needing attention but I guess some of it is being 4 years old too. I know other kids that have behaviors a lot worse than his, so I am thankful he is as good as he is. OK So on to some pictures--that aren't too many since we were mostly sick but there are a few!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

The North Country Sweets said...

he's such a good boy...and it could be worse...AJ is an angel around her aunts and uncles and then I show up and well, evil-child! hahahhahaa
You can borrow our book OVER THERE...while simple, it really helped AJ verbalize her emotions while her daddy was gone...

JCharlton said...

I loved your TV debut and I have it forever saved on my phone. You did fabulous!

Followers