Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ahoy Matey!

Jacob has been singing this pirate song to me he learned at school recently. Today, on the first snowy day of another storm, he decided he wanted to go on a pirate treasure hunt. First, he asked me to get him a map. I googled treasure map and printed him one. Then he gathered some of the gear he needed: a backpack, watch, pirate necklace, keys, handcuffs, and I am not quite sure what else was in that backpack. So while he was upstairs preparing, I wrapped up a chocolate chip cookie and led him around the house on a treasure hunt that reflected his map. There was a ship, a monster, some mermaids, a pirate, some fish swimming in the ocean and at last the treasure on the X that marked the spot! I love love love when he uses his imagination and can just play! It was super fun! Afterwards we played Mouse Trap, a game I used to play as a kid and he loves it!



3 comments:

Aunt Laurie said...

Jake, you are one lucky little boy to have such a fun and creative mommy! And I love that you are so creative too and come up with these exciting things to do!

JCharlton said...

I LOVE IT! You are one creative Mom!

The North Country Sweets said...

See I would have put on Spongbob Square pants or something...that was super creative!

Followers