Sunday, February 13, 2011

Thank you a Million!!


For the past few weeks I have been trying to rake the snow off my roofs. I would stare at them and think, some snow is off and Lee will be home soon to get the ice off soon. However, as the weeks passed the ice seemed to get thicker and the snow piles grew larger. I just couldn't keep up. Tonight it all came to a halt when the bubble in my kitchen ceiling appeared. In the last couple weeks I kept thinking, maybe I will call Rod, I bet if anyone would come, he would come help me, he is Mr Woodsman/Mr Snow himself. However, being stubborn and not wanting to ask for help, I didn't. Tonight, when I was having a meltdown in my kitchen, watching the walls start to bubble I got a text from Jen. I called her back and within 10 mins Rod was at my house. It took about 2 hours but he cleaned off every roof of our house. He was chopping and I was pulling with the rake as much as I could. I knew I didn't have the strength to break up the ice, it was at least 6in thick, at least. He never complained and didn't even hesitate to clean off not just the kitchen roof, but ALL of them! He is a true friend and I couldn't be more thankful for what he did! We owe you big!

5 comments:

The North Country Sweets said...

YAY!!! Your roof is saved!!!!

Jen V said...

I'm so glad that he was able to help. Just like we've said 100 times before, please don't ever hesitate to call and ask for help!

Now you can sit back and enjoy your Valentine's day with your two beautiful kiddos and not have to worry about your ceiling becoming your floor!

JCharlton said...

Yay Rod! You are a great guy!

Laurie said...

It's times like last night when I hate that I don't live closer and can't help out. But thank goodness you have such a wonderful group of friends to look after you while Lee is away! And I think you and I both know that even if the same thing happened again next week, you still wouldn't ask for help. It's just not in our genes. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Rod!!! :). What a guy! -Meredith

Followers