Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dancing in the Dark






A few nights ago I pulled out a bag of glow sticks. I turned off the lights after dinner and we played hide and go seek with the glow sticks, danced with them, and the kids were just having a ton of fun with them (you would think I gave them a $100 toy). I keep putting them in the freezer to keep them glowing and they have played with them for the last 3 nights. It is so funny to see how excited they get when I get the sticks out! Whatever works to beat the winter blues!
PS--I know you will all point out that my daughters tummy is hanging over her pants in the picture--but you gotta love her!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I loved listening to them running around and laughing on the phone the other night...makes me wish I was there! Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks!

Anonymous said...

Kristen...I read your blog, too!! Saw the link on Jen C's page. I wanted to say hi, and love the glowstick idea! Did not know the freezer trick. You are amazing, doing all this for your kids while your husband is deployed. You must work so hard, your kids seem very happy. Best of luck and I hope your husband get home safe and sound very soon! -Meredith (Jen V's friend)

JCharlton said...

I love her tummy hanging out...just want to squeeze it!

The North Country Sweets said...

Look at that BELLY! Wow, the kids are like mini-ravers! LOL!!!! Boxes, glow sticks, sheets...never the toys we buy them, right? LOL!

Followers