Sunday, March 7, 2010

Top Commander




Let's see if I can write this without crying. It is the last post I wanted to do tonight and since Jacob can't read yet, I decided to go ahead and post it. As most of you know, Lee leaves in just a few short weeks. So this past Friday we had a Bravo Company picture done. I really wanted a few pictures with him and his Company. I am so proud of him as a husband, father and soldier. The soldiers of his Company absolutely love him as their Commander. He is not only their leader, but their friend and brother. It truly is a Band of Brothers. You can see it in the pictures. As I sit here it just overcomes me to think that he is leaving again. I feel like I just got used to having him home. This past year flew by, it always does. He recently said to me, "I think this has been one of the best years of our marriage." I have to agree. Not that we have had a rough marriage but this past year, especially with the birth of Lindsey, it just feels like our family is complete and we are thoroughly enjoying every minute of it. We have a great family, fantastic kids, wonderful friends and life couldn't be better--except for one thing--having Lee home. I know leaving is just as hard on him as it is for me, if not harder. I want him to know how much I love and adore him. He is my best friend, always will be, and I will miss him terribly. Please keep him in your prayers as he gets ready to head out. We haven't told Jacob yet and we know it will be hard on him, but he is a strong little boy and we will get through it together. We have some great things planned to do with the kids and our friends in the next couple weeks. We are going to savor every minute together. Thanks to everyone for their constant love and support. Go Bandits!

4 comments:

Jen V said...

Stop making the pregnant woman cry! We are going to miss Lee SO much, he will be in our thoughts and prayers everyday while he's gone. You and the kids have an open invitation to come over and visit whenever you'd like. And feel free to borrow Rod for whatever manly tasks you need done around the house.

JCharlton said...

I'm balling my eyes out! We have had such an amazing year with Lee too and have spent so much time with you all. After Lindsey's birth and being able to experience that with you I truly feel like you four are part of our family and vice versa. We will all be connected forever no matter where you are. We love you all so much!

Laurie said...

Crap. I told myself I wasn't going to cry...I didn't even make it past the pictures before I started. Like we always say...the only word to describe it is 'sucks'. I'm just so thankful you have such wonderful friends there; I can't imagine you going thru another deployment without them. See you again in a few weeks!

Sarah Richards said...

We will miss Lee too! He will be in our thoughts and prayers! If you need anything let us know!

Followers