Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Second Family

The Harchelroad family has been my second family ever since I started babysitting for them many moons ago. When I first met them, their children were 4, 2, and 9 months old. Before leaving Pittsburgh, we made plans to stay with them 2 nights. I really wanted to catch up with them and do some fun things. Plus, I knew Susan was dying to get her hands on a baby and Jake would have a blast exploring with the big kids! Needless to say, we had a great time! We went swimming, Jake learned to use an IPad (look out Lee), he went on hikes in the woods (thanks Ethan, Noah and Gab), he played tennis with them and tried on all of Gab's hockey gear, played at the park, went to the Pittsburgh Zoo (one of the best in the nation), laughed and shared many stories. The kids have grown up to become intriguing young adults and I am so proud of each of them. It was kind of weird though, seeing them with my children now, who would have ever imagined? How time flies.....Thanks for a wonderful few days, always making us feel like family and treating us like royalty!
\


1 comment:

JCharlton said...

It is so great that you get to see them yearly. I'm sure you were the best babysitter they ever had!

Followers