Sunday, August 8, 2010

New Door and New Chairs!!

Recently, I hired a friend of a friend to rebuild a door on our house. We are talking about putting the house on the market in the fall, so I want to do a few things to spruce it up. The first being the old screen door on the house. The wood was rotting on the bottom of it and it didn't look good. I really didn't want a "new" door, not with an old house and old glass door. Thankfully, we found someone to rebuild our old door to make it look just the same! It took a little tweaking today to make it fit, but it is in! And I am so glad we had it built!
Secondly, I hate to think about having to move, but before we do, I have been wanting to buy Adirondack chairs. Sort of a remembrance of NY to me, plus I love to relax in them! The same person who built the door also built the chairs! I was thrilled when they arrived today. Now I just need Lee home to sit outside and relax in them with me! I can see us growing old in these, sort of like the modern day rocking chairs! hehe For now, Jake will gladly take his seat!


2 comments:

JCharlton said...

I am so happy that you are happy with your chairs and your new door. I hope Bruce treated you well, he is a very nice man.

Jen V said...

I LOVE that you had a door created to match the age of your home!! It looks so incredible. I think I need your wood guy's name because we're looking for the same thing!

Followers